Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Early Bird

Yesterday morning my alarm went off at 4am.  I quickly shut it off, knowing another alarm was set for 4:30am.  I instantly fell back asleep and when the 4:30 alarm went off, I laid there for a minute debating whether I should go back to sleep or get up.  I actually got up.

I set my alarm so early, because I really had been wanting to check out the new YMCA.  And after my run the night before, I was feeling so great that I wanted to run the next day too and figured why not go to the new gym?

I got up, made coffee and toast and watched some I Love Lucy.  I got dressed and left before 6am!

When I got to the gym there weren't too many people working out.  A couple of people on the treadmill, a couple on the elliptical,  a couple lifting weights.  I had already decided that I was going to run. So I got on one and got started.  I wished they had some treadmills without the TVs on them.  I was listening to my music while running and having that black screen inches from my face was a little annoying.  If it wasn't there I could have watched the swimmers down in the pool or looked outside.

I managed to get to 3 miles before having to give up.  I hate treadmills and I was surprised I made it that far.  I decided to walk around the track a few times that they have circling the outer perimeter of the workout area.  Then I stretched before heading back out.
The sun coming up as I was leaving the gym.
I will probably go to the old Y again when the road construction is all finished.  It's much closer to me.  I'm glad I went to check it out though.  I still want to check out a class called Piloxing, but it's at 5:30am!  Maybe one of these days.

After I got home from the gym, I jumped in the shower right away.  Then I made some vegetables up with rice to use as a fajita mix for lunch that day.  Having to buy my lunch yesterday didn't work out well and I ate WAY too much, so today I made sure to prepare something.  
It has green, yellow, and orange peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, and green beans.  I added some chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder for seasoning.  Then put in some rice I had cooked up already.  I ate it on a tortilla with some salsa for lunch.  It was quite yummy.

After work, I was pooped.  I had to change and get ready to go shopping with my friend.  We went down to the Prime Outlets in Pleasant Prairie.  She had a couple of things she wanted to buy and I just love going to check it all out.  I finally found some running shoes I like and after doing some Internet research found that buying them at the Outlet will be cheaper.  

After the Outlet, we stopped at Taco Bell.  I tried the new Cantina Bowl.  It was pretty good, but I think it would be better on a tortilla.  I'm not sure if I would ever get it again.  

I think I will take today as a rest day.  I close at work the next two days, so I think I will just run tomorrow morning.  

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment