Friday, September 21, 2012

Sept. 21, 2012

Today is the first day I've had off of work in 9 days.  Needless to say, I slept in a little, prying myself out of my comfy bed at about 8:30am.  Thankfully, Kev had already made coffee.  I poured myself a cup and thought about what I have to do today.  I decided to start with breakfast.
I had a banana, grapes and pears cut up into a fruit salad and two pieces of wheat toast with margarine and grape jelly. And of course coffee.
Then I laid around for a bit, watching I Love Lucy and catching up on blogs before jumping into the shower to start my day.
I had to go pick up my friend's and my race packet at Miller Park for the Brewer Mini Marathon tomorrow.  While I've lived in WI my whole life, I am horrible at directions.  I was surprised that I had no problems getting to the stadium, but it took me about 5-10 minutes to figure out how to get to the parking lot.  I got a nice tech shirt and we get tickets for 2 beers after the race...only in WI.
I was pretty hungry by the time I got home, so I had 2 Light Life Smart Dogs.  I put them on a flour tortilla I cut in half after realizing I had no bread.  I topped them off with some ketchup, brown mustard, and of course pickles.  I also had 2 servings of fries I cooked in the oven. I definitely would have been fine after one, but I always have to push it.
I have to get my race stuff together for tomorrow.  It starts at 7am, so my friend and I want to leave by 5:15am.  I am going to be SO tired.  I wish races started a bit later.  I have never been a morning person and like to do my runs either late morning/early afternoon when I can.  So by the time the race is over, I think I will finally be waking up!
I still have to wrap some presents I got a coworker for her housewarming party that I am going to go to tonight.  It doesn't start until 6pm, about when I should start getting ready for bed, but I want to go for at least a little bit.

Are you a morning, afternoon, or evening runner?

Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment