Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Long "Runs"

I planned on doing my long run yesterday, but laid around all day instead.  I don't know what it is, but I've been so tired lately!

So this morning I got up early to go.  I drank my coffee and had my breakfast.  It was super cold out, only about 40 when I left.  Despite the temperature I wore capris and then a short sleeve tech shirt with a long sleeve cotton shirt over it.  I couldn't find any of my long sleeve tech shirts.  They must be packed away with my winter stuff.

I really wasn't feeling this run today.  I decided to start running as soon as I got to the end of the block.  Usually I walk about ten minutes or until I've gone up a large hill I have to climb up to get out of my little neighborhood.  I just wanted to get these miles over with.  I ran the four block to the hill then walked up the hill.  My stomach was kind of bothering me, but I figured I would be fine after a bit.  I ran through a cemetery that I pass to add on another mile and took a GU on my way back out to the street in hopes that it would give me a little energy.

By this point, I was walking a lot. I had a lot of pressure in my stomach, but figured it was from my water belt pushing on it.  I continued on my way and figured after each mile I would feel a little bit better.  A little after mile three I was really least that's all I thought it was.  I ended up sharting!  I stopped dead in my tracks and didn't really know what to do.  Should I keep going?  Should I call Kevin to come pick me up?  What a sh*tty run!

I ended up deciding to just run home.  Kevin was sleeping and probably wouldn't hear the phone.  And this way, I could at least get in a couple more miles (you know you're a runner when...).  I had to stop and walk a couple of times because of fear I would further poo my pants, but my pace really picked up!

I finally got home and told Kevin what happened.  He said he just woke up, so not calling him was a good decision.  After I changed and spent some quality bathroom time, I thought I would be good to do at least three more miles.  I headed out and after about a tenth of a mile my stomach was not cooperating.  I turned right around and called it quits.

My first and second runs.
I forgot to even stretch afterwards.  I just jumped in the shower.

Kevin and I went to his parents house to celebrate his sister's 30th birthday.  They were having lasagna and his mom made me my very own since I don't eat meat.  I thought that was super sweet of her!  It was very good.

Then we came home and watched the rest of the Packer game.  They lost by 3 points.  I blame myself.  Every time I watch them they end up losing.

Who is your favorite sports team?

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment