Friday, October 12, 2012

Two More Weeks

This morning was my 9 mile long run.  Next week is ten miles and then my half marathon!  It will be my second half in five weeks and my third half in five months.  That is definitely the most miles I have put on since I started running.

It hasn't been as hard as I thought.  No, it's not always easy or convenient to get up early after working late or fitting in my long runs, but it's something that I have really wanted to do.  I've really wanted to put more miles on my legs to build a good base to start marathon training.  I wanted to get use to running on tired legs and to keep going when all I wanted to do is quit.  I will have to think back to times like now and know that I will finish because I will know that I can.

This morning I had a running date with Becky.  Thank goodness I had someone to go with, because I would have been procrastinating all day!  I knew I would be exhausted after closing at work the night before, but I dragged myself out of bed and made some coffee.  It was SO cold this morning.  This isn't fall weather, it's winter weather.  I had no idea what to wear so that I would be comfortable.  I ended up in capris, a short sleeve tech shirt, and a heavier pullover tech hoodie.  Then I wore a Bondi Band over my ears to double as a sweat band and as a light ear warmer.  I thought this was ingenious!  I ended up being comfortable the whole time.

After I got home I hopped into the shower and Kevin and I ran some errands.  We went to K-Mart to look at a coffee maker that was on sale. Ours had died a couple of months ago and we have been using one his parents had.  It was just a simple on/off coffee maker.  I missed my options of setting a timer and having it turn off automatically after two hours.  And the one we were borrowing did not match our other appliances.  We ended up with the new one.  It has everything we need.

 After we paid for the coffee maker, we went to the Little Cesars that was inside K-Mart.  We were both hungry so ordered a large pizza.  It was only $5!  I couldn't believe it!  I ended up eating the whole half of the pizza.  I didn't realize how hungry I was until I started eating.
Kevin enjoying his pizza!

I forgot to mention that after I took a shower, I thought it would be a great idea to cut some bangs for myself.  No, I'm not a hair stylist, but sometimes I think I am.  I cut my hair while it was wet.  I thought I made it long enough, but as soon as I dried it, I couldn't believe how short they got.  Five minutes after this they were already driving me crazy!  They are right in my eyes.  In about two weeks they will be the right length, but for now I will have to suffer.  

Have you ever cut your hair yourself?  How did it turn out?

1 comment: