Monday, March 18, 2013

Everyday is My St. Patrick's Day

I opened all weekend at work and committed to run with Becky Sunday after work.  I know I wouldn't have gone otherwise.  We only had to do 5 miles, but it has been a long, long time since I've gone that far.

It was St. Patrick's Day, so of course I had to wear my favorite color, GREEN!

And, yes, I wore my hair down. Long hair, don't care.

I really didn't dress as warm as I should have.  I knew it was only 30 out, but for some reason I thought it was warmer.  I have my mind set on Spring.

The run was a good one.  It was windy most of the way, but I felt good.  Maybe it was from the cup of black tea I drank before I left.  It must have given me an extra kick after being up since 4 a.m.

I didn't look at my watch except to see how far we were, so I had no idea we had been going at that pace.  I mean, maybe Becky mentioned that we were going a little fast, but besides that...lol.  I'm happy with the splits and it felt good to go out for longer than 3 miles for once.

After I took a scalding hot shower and drank some hot tea, I realized that I was exhausted.  So, like any responsible adult, I had guacamole and tortilla chips for supper and went straight to bed.

On another note, Becky has me drinking classy coffee now.  I can tell the difference.  I only need one cup of the fancy stuff as opposed to a whole pot of the cheap stuff.  Here's my new favorite.

I got it from Target.  I like their Archer Farms brand of pretty much everything.  They make a salsa that I practically eat by the jar.

As I was shopping today, I came across this Chardonnay.
I don't like Chardonnay and I didn't see this brand in any other types of wine.  I totally would have bought it.  I'm the middle sister of two brothers and I am a definite smarty pants.

Happy Monday!
What are your workout plans?  Today is a rest day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment