Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Run Til You Puke

Not quite, but almost.  I had a speed workout on tap today.  I woke up at 7 am without my alarm on my day off.  I was like, "Great!  I am up and I can go to spin class and then do my speed workout..."  I sat on the couch sipping my cup of coffee and watched T.V.  All. Day.  Finally, I got up, got dressed, told Kevin I was blowing this popsicle stand, and left.

The gym was pretty empty.  When I go after work at the same time on a Monday, I can barely get a treadmill.  Today, I had my pick.  I went on one without a T.V.  There's nothing worse than a T.V. an inch from your face when you are struggling to breath and not throw up.  I would rather watch people walk by and stare up at the giant T.V.s that are upfront.

I have!
My plan says to run at a 5k pace.  I have to say, I never saw that part about the 5k pace before.  I thought I was just supposed to run as fast as possible.  I figured out that my GOAL 5k pace is a 9:40, so I would run at a 6.4 mph.  I set the treadmill to interval.  I use to change it by hand, but it's hard to lower the speed when I am almost falling off the treadmill from going to fast.

So, the plan was to run .25 miles at 6.4, and walk for .1 at 3.5 until I was done.  The first three times weren't bad.  I told myself that maybe I should quit, because what else would I tell myself on a treadmill?  The 4th sprint was ok, but I was starting to feel it.  The 5th time I really wanted to quit, but pushed myself through.  The 6th and 7th time I sped up a bit so it would be over faster.  I think that is why I felt like I was going to throw up at the end of each one.

Now it's over and I did it.  That's the great thing about work outs.  They may suck, but in the end...you're at the end.

Exhausted after my work out.  
Afterwards, I finally got over to see Melissa and her posse.  I've been fighting a cold and was scared about infecting her delicate little newborns.

I couldn't believe this crazy chair she had.  It looked like a hovercraft, I swear.



I didn't leave until after ten.  She has no clocks in that house.  I thought it was only about 9!  I don't remember the last time I was out that late when I didn't have to work.

What workout did you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment