Thursday, May 23, 2013

Marathon Training

I knew that I had to start training for my marathon soon, but I just figured it out and I have to start in 9 days!  The marathon isn't until October.  It just seems so far away right now.



I'm going to follow Hal Higdon's Novice 1 marathon training plan.  It's 18 weeks and the longest run during the week only goes up to 9 miles.  I am going to have to plan ahead though and either ask off or change my long runs around.  I work every other weekend and I'm pretty sure once I get to the longer distances I'm not going to want to work for 8 hours then go run 16 miles.  I had enough problems doing that when I just had to run up to 12 miles!

Despite my spirit deflating after my last race, I am looking forward to marathon training.  I really enjoy distance running and all that it brings.  I find out so much about myself and the limits I can push myself to.  I can't wait to take this next step forward in my running "career"!

Source

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have a plan. My daughter made the mistake of running too much in the days before her first marathon (which seemed to make sense since she was trying to build her endurance) and on the day of the race she barely crossed the finish line! She was so disappointed, and all of us there watching the end of the race were scared when we didn't see her coming. Stick to your plan and good luck training! How exciting! Lee(Ann)

    ReplyDelete