Monday, December 31, 2012

Goals for 2013...Yes, the Whole Year

I was going to put resolutions, but goals is more appropriate.

1) Finish my first marathon
Yes...just yes

I plan on completing my first marathon on May 4, 2013 called the Wisconsin Marathon.  I did the half last year.  It wasn't my favorite course since we ran by the finish line a couple of times, but I want to do something close to home and inexpensive.

2) Run 1000 miles by December 31, 2013

I came just a couple of hundred miles short this year without any kind of goal until  the last month besides run consistently.  I even filled up my whole running log that I get free with my Runner's World subscription. I think it will be fun to have a numerical goal to aim for.

3) Put the SB back into SBR! (Swim, Bike, Run)
While I doubled my runnning, I pretty much stopped swimming and biking, which are two things I really enjoy.  It was a conscious decision, because I wanted to focus on running and getting faster, but I also want to stay in triathlons and complete an Ironman by the time I'm 50!


4) Find a way to make money by doing things I love!
Be Happy

Running, blogging, and crafting, of course!  Yeah, me and everyone else in the world!  I have some ideas, but I need to really develop them actively over the next month or so.  Stay tuned!

5) Save money!
Scrooge McDuck

When I put my mind to it, I can save like no one's business.  I just have a problem with impulse spending.  I left my debit card at home for a few weeks at a time so I wouldn't spend anything.  It worked out pretty well.  I just need to make sure that I am planning ahead and not making impulse purchases.  I need every spare penny for races and running shoes!

6) Get to my goal weight!
Source
It's been a long time coming and I need to make a conscious effort to get to my goal weight.  I haven't gained weight in a really long time and I have been dropping a pound here and there, but I am still pretty heavy and need to drop weight so there's less stress on my body as I run longer distances.  I'm in a place now where it's less about vanity and more about health (I mean some vanity, but not completely).

Now here's the hard part...Follow Through!!

What was your favorite moment of 2012?

What are your Goals for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment