Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What Just Happened??

Yesterday I woke up sooo sore.  I could not figure out what the heck I had done to warrant this.  The previous day I had pretty much done nothing but some light cleaning and sat on my couch and knit (knitted...was knitting??).  I had gone for a walk, but that wouldn't make me this sore...would it?  I had done a slow run/walk a couple of days ago, but had felt fine.  All day at work I wondered what was wrong with me!

Finally, about 6 hours later, I remembered what it was!  When logging all of my measurements for my starting point in my fitness log book there are some fitness tests that I had to do and then I do them again in a year to see the improvements.  I did push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and balanced on one leg at a time.  When I was doing the squats I felt like I could do a million.  They didn't hurt at all and I finally stopped after about 25 (almost a million, right?).  I was able to balance on my right leg for almost a minute.  I only managed about 6 push-ups and 6 sit-ups.
From Fit Mama's FB Page

My legs and sides were SO sore that next day.  I could really barely walk.  I should have taken some ibuprofen or something, but I didn't think of it at the time.  I was just so confused that I was in so much pain.  I can't believe I had totally blocked out those fitness tests. I guess I'm not as fit as I thought!


The funniest thing was when I was doing my push-ups.  They were so hard!  I started laughing at myself and the difficulty I was having!  I maybe could have made it to 8 if I wasn't laughing so hard at myself.

Thankfully, I am feeling much better today.  I have a 3 mile run on schedule to get in!

What is your favorite exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment