Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekly Goals

I've really been struggling with my New Year's goals.  So, I thought it would be easier to focus on the smaller picture.  I will make small, weekly goals to help me along.


This week my goal is to track all of my food.  I have been using Weight Watcher's Points Plus system.  Oh, no.  I don't pay for it.  I found some free sites from a blog called Freckleberry Finds.  She had a blog post about free WW calculators.

I did Weight Watchers years ago.  I lost 50 lbs doing it, too.  My problem was that I would still binge right after the weigh in and then spend the rest of the week trying to drop extra pounds.  I never really grasped the whole healthy eating for the long haul until I started to take running a bit more seriously.  What I eat directly affects the way I feel while running, so I had to eat (relatively) healthy.

I needed something different to get me excited about logging my food again.  I had been using Spark and still use it to log my fitness, but I had really fallen out of logging my food.  So, I thought maybe using WW would make it fun again.

I started yesterday and logged everything.  I get 32 points a day.  I was right on until Kevin brought a giant baked potato home with melted butter, sour cream, and shredded cheese on it for me.  Yes, I could have said no, but obviously I have a problem with self control.  I ate it and it was delicious.  And then I had some sherbet ice cream.  And some hot chocolate.  So, I used 24 extra points!

What I've learned after 2 days of tracking?  I am eating way more than I thought (NEWSFLASH!).  So, I am already out of points; weekly and daily after today.  Thankfully, I have running to do this week to balance it out and I can earn some extra points back.  I guess I am not as healthy as I thought I was!



Here is my workout schedule for the week:
Mon: off
Tues: Run 3
Wed: Speed Work 5x400s (Depending on the ice situation)
Thurs: Run 3
Fri: off
Sat: Run 3
Sun: Run 5

Do you track your food?  If yes, then how?

No comments:

Post a Comment