Thursday, April 11, 2013

Speed Work Success!

I've mentioned that I've been following Hal Higdon's Intermediate Half Marathon program.  I have actually been doing really well following the plan.  The last couple of times I tried using this one, I reverted back to the Novice plan, because I really struggled with doing the speed work and the tempo runs.



I'm in week 7 and have done my 3rd speed workout (I missed week one).  The speed workout consists of running .25 miles so many times and walking/jogging comfortably for recovery between.  I always choose to walk, mostly because I'm lazy.  This week I had to sprint 8 times.  The workout says a 5k pace.  I really don't know how to determine that, so I use my goal pace which would be a 6.2.  It was hard, but I didn't feel like I was going to die like last time.  I can only conclude that I am getting faster!

It's blurry, because I was walking and trying to take a picture.
While writing down my workout, I noticed something else rather amazing. I am actually sticking to my workout plan that I laid out for myself at the beginning of the week.  There's a little spot to plan the workouts in my fitness journal and then you say whether or not you did it.  I have been able to say yes to all of it so far!


Now, hopefully I don't screw it up!

How is your week going?

No comments:

Post a Comment