Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Thunderstorm Tuesday

Rain is in the forecast this whole week.  April showers will bring a whole lot of mud May flowers.


The worse the weather, the more determined I am to run outside.  Maybe it's all the people telling me not to go.  I was bound and determined to get my 4.5 miles in today.  All I needed was Becky's cooperation.  

It was thundering and lightening all day.  Becky was on the fence if she wanted to go outside because of visibility issues with her glasses.  I was being selfish and did my best to convince her.  She agreed and planned out a good route for us so we weren't being pelted with rain and wind the whole time.  

On my way to meet Becky, I started cracking up when I saw a news van that read, "Severe Storm Team" on the side parked by the river.  I knew they were there because of our flood watch, but I didn't think that was a good sign.  


The river is pretty high,


but it's been worse. 

Back in 2008 when the Root River flooded.


The run passed pretty quickly which I was a bit surprised about.  I was prepared to be miserable the whole time.  The worst thing about it was my freezing toes.  When I'm not running my feet are always hot, when I'm running, my feet are always cold.  I don't get it.

We finished our run where we split to go home.  We didn't mince any words today and made a quick departure.  I started to cool down and was really starting to get cold.  



When I got home, I was completely drenched!

Haha. You can see Kevin taking my picture.

I really didn't stretch afterwards like I should have.  I hopped right in the shower, made some tea, started my split pea soup (which is a whole ordeal in itself), and went to log in all my run data in the 4 different places I put it.

I'm still cooking my split pea soup.  I soaked the beans overnight like I'm supposed to and I cooked it for two hours.  When I went to taste it, the peas were still crunchy!  What the heck?  I'm going to be up all night trying to finish this.   At least it tasted pretty good - minus the crunchy peas.

Would you run in the rain?  Or treadmill all the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment